For safe, effective results when taking herbal remedies, follow the guidelines below:
If the product you have has an in-pack leaflet then you should follow the instructions and advice on the leaflet and product packaging. If the product does not come with an in-pack leaflet then you should follow the instructions and advice on the product packaging. The following general advice also applies to products with no in-pack leaflet.
- If there is any doubt as to the nature of the problem please consult your Doctor for a diagnosis.
- Do not use when pregnant or breastfeeding unless under the supervision of a Healthcare Professional.
- Do not use for children under 2 years of age unless under the supervision of a Healthcare Professional.
- Do not exceed stated doses.
- Do not use alongside medication with the same action eg. a tranquillizing herb alongside tranquillizing medication.
- Do not take more than 3 herbal remedies concurrently.
- Stop taking herbal remedies 14 days before surgery.
This is not intended to replace medical advice. You should consult a Doctor or Pharmacist if you have any condition that is of concern. It is also recommended that you consult a Healthcare Professional before taking herbal remedies if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or before giving herbal medicine to a child under two years old.